Reasons to invest in Greece / Crete
Greece is a high-performing EU member state in all the important factors one considers when considering moving to a new country, such as quality of life, safe living conditions in urban and rural areas, access to quality services , the regulatory framework, freedom of movement, residence privileges for family members. Greece is characterized by a particularly diverse natural environment that offers many possibilities for recreation. Combined with an inspiring lifestyle makes Greece a great place to live.
Connectivity of Crete
There are three international airports in Crete. The main one is located in the city of Heraklion, about 60km away from Agios Nikolaos, one hour by car. The second is located in the city of Sitia and is 70 km away from Agios Nikolaos, and the third is located in Chania. Furthermore a new bigger international airport at Kasteli is going to be constructed very soon.
The connectivity of the island with Piraeus (Athens) via the ports of Heraklion and Chania is daily and all year long. Furthermore, ports of Agios Nikolaos, Sitia, Rethimnon and Kissamos, give access to other Greek islands and serve as stops for cruising ships.
History of Crete
The History of Crete goes back to the 7th millennium BC, preceding the ancient Minoan civilization by more than four millennia. The Minoan civilization was the first civilization in Europe and the first, in Europe, to build a palace.
After the Minoan civilization was devastated by the Thera volcano eruption, Crete developed an Ancient Greece-influenced organization of city- states, which later successively became part of the Roman, the Byzantine, the Venetian, the Ottoman Empire and as an autonomous state in the modern state of Greece.
Climate of Crete
The climate in eastern Crete is temperate. During the Cretan summer, average temperatures range from 25 to 30 degrees Celsius. Winter is quite mild, with many sunny days.
Why in Greece ?
- The Greek government-debt crisis after the start of 2009 and the worst peak of 2012 has made a big recovery. Especially after 2016 the positive indicators in Greek economy have returned.
- Especially the investments in Greece have restarted after 2016, taking advantage of the secured Greek conditions from the financial pillars of European Union.
- Tourism has a great increase through the last 8 years, making a pick point at 2017 with more than 20 millions of visitors in Greece only by airplanes. More than 4 millions tourists came to Crete by airplane at 2016.
- Increase of tourism population, that visit Greece per year
- Increase of tourism period in Crete, from 6 months to 8 months
- During the last six years the value of the hotel business market in Greece has a remarkable rate.
- According to a survey condacted by ICAP, the 5-star-hotels have nearly quadrupled their number and have increased their share of total hotel capacity from 1% in 2000 to 4.6% in 2016.
- The constantly increasing quality of visitors in the Greek Touristic industry forces Greek Hospitality providers to upgrade facilities and services accordingly in order to meet up to their Clients’ expectations.
But, why in Crete ?
The number of visitors of Crete is mainly based on the charters’ arrivals at the international airport of Heraklion.
- The statistics of arrivals in 2017 compared to 1997, show raise 63 %, in the airport of Heraklion.
- Most of the visitors come from European Union, with Germans to have the biggest percentage.
- National Tourism Organization (GNTO), presents the increase of tourism in Crete, representing the most reliable statistics
- During the last 3 years, the increase is stable and around 8,5% per year, showing a developing economy
- 5 star – luxury hotels has the biggest participation in hotels at Lassithi Region, showing the quality of the existing tourism and the increase ratio.
- During the last five years, the interest for rental villas has significantly increased.
Feel Comfortable in Crete
- There are eight public Hospitals in Crete. Four of them are in Lassithi Region and two of them in Heraklion. Among them stands the University Hospital of Heraklion (PAGNI), providing the newest methods of treatment and research.
- Greece and especially Crete, has very low crime rate, providing one more reason for visiting or living in Crete. According to Eurostat (responsible for publishing high-quality statistics and indicators at European level, making it possible to compare countries and regions) which pre-selects certain categories of “serious” crime which determine the levels of “significant crime” in each country, we belong to the safest countries in Europe.
- Cretans are famous for their hospitality
Do not hesitate to contact us for an offer or any information regarding our services. Europlan undertakes all the necessary procedures if you wish to buy or build a property in Greece and obtain a golden visa.
Our customers review
My collaboration with the technical company Europlan lasts for years because they have proven to me their ability to create homes that stand out while at the same time their specialization in luxury holiday homes is known, both in terms of design and construction. Personally for me it is very important to have partners whose work adds value to the money which - anyway - you have to invest.
The quality of the construction absolutely met our standards and expectations. We have a second plot in Elounda and when the time comes to build, we will definitely work with Europlan again.
As the owner of three villas in the area of Plaka, I highly recommend the technical company Europlan for the execution of design and construction of any technical project.